Thursday, March 8, 2018

A Long Time







It has been a while since my last post. Quite a while!

Image result for pictures long time

I got married. Tried changing career paths. Got retrenched. Dealt with a car theft - such an invasion of privacy (all of these will be in later posts) and now I have the most beautiful toddler daughter and I have another baby on the way. We have also been busy with renovations in between all of this. Talk about a whirl wind, but at the same time, a real blessing.

My baby girl, Isabella has been a true blessing. As most mom's out there will know, having a toddler and being pregnant at the same time is quite a challenge in itself. That's a picture of the two of us.



This ball of energy running and squealing around the house, and I mean squealing like only a little girl knows how; while you are trying to get supper ready and maybe, just maybe, you can try to find a break to put your feet up.... pretty much impossible with a busy toddler. Not to mention, the first few months of the second pregnancy were filled with morning sickness. (Whoever called it morning sickness did not realise that, it can be a full day occurrence and not just a sickness in the morning.) In my case I was worse in the late afternoon. The nausea was debilitating. I felt so useless. I had to lie down most evenings and almost every second day, the flood gates to the water works would open up. Talk about losing your self control.

I tried so many things to help the "morning sickness". I couldn't stand the thought of ginger (over did that in my first pregnancy). I eventually came across mint. I tried mint sweets, had to find an alternative as I was worried about tooth cavities. I came across Halls mint and they helped, but I was worried about the chemical composition and the effect it would have on the baby. Eventually, I started drinking mint tea. Not only is it soothing to the soul, but the tummy was soothed as well. The nausea never disappeared, but it became bearable to deal with.

Image result for mint tea

After week 17 or was it 18, I was starting to feel more like a human again. Still tired, but capable of at least getting my house back into some semblance of order. Was able to make a toddler stand in the last 2 weeks - with the help from my handy husband. (Another post for another day.) Now I am just needing to gather the energy to tackle my daughter's cupboard and make some space in her room for additional furniture that we need to buy, in preparation for the baby's arrival and having to move Isabella to a big bed.

So many things to do and so little time. Until next time, take care and if you are in the same boat like me, try to stay awake.
Image result for zzz


No comments:

Post a Comment